Monday, October 10, 2005

Oh....where does one begin

Yes, it has been a full week since my last update.....seems it is just hard to get time to sit down and do the full brain studying it takes this day to do an update.

Spent the past week doing the normal work routine and trying to keep up around the house. Fall is when I always get complete carried away trying to set the world on fire before winter begins.....but as far as the fire goes, I have trouble these days even getting the matches lit.

A bit of sad news first. Ben and Jerry are gone. Kurtis and I went to Waverly on thursday to send them through the auction ring, but it became apparent late into the day that they weren't going to sell until Friday, so we came home. Friday, about 11:30 they sold. The good news is a fella from Hancock Iowa bought them and it sounds like they will have a great home, the bad news is I did pretty well until I helped them load them into the trailer, they I have to leave. I know it is the right thing to do and they will get used now, but it is hard to let a couple of ole buddies like them go. I guess I'll just have to be happy with taking Splash out once in awhile for a carriage ride.

Saturday I worked around the house and decided to wage war on my personal collection of gophers in the yard. Last weekend I planted about 100 tulip and dafodil bulbs in a flower bed. I had visions of bright red and yellow this spring that would just knock your socks off...I truly expected better homes and gardens would have to come by for a photo shoot. Guess I will have to cancel....it appears the moles created a highway to snack foods right through the middle!!! How do the little F____ers know I put them there?? Were they hiding around the corner with their ugly little eye-less bodies watching me?? Of course, I had to turn around and yell at maggie too..after all if she was worth a crap, she should of had them drug out of the ground and all gummed up by now!!! I bet Martha Stewart doesn't have to contend with this kind of stress!!
Saturday night it was off to the Moose lodge for the premier performace of Jurgen and Klaus Knoop (Debbie's dad) at the October Fest celebration. The place was absolutely packed. I think they under-estimated the Lynch and Knoop clan. Anyway, it was great fun, and I was home by 9:30 or so.

Sunday if was off to Des Moines. Kurtis and I alway enjoy a nice day with Jessica and Robb and Jennifer and Tom. We celebrated the first year anniversary of the newly-weds and heard plans of the next wedding coming up in September of next year. Of course, we had to have a nice lunch at "The Border" mexican restaurant and then cake and ice cream back at Jessicas house. I even went to the mall with the girls while Kurtis and the guys went over to scope out the Des Moines Scheels (suppose Kurtis had to check out the competition in the big city) I seen 2-3 of the salesmen and I'm hear to tell you, none of them fill out a shirt and tie like my big guy!! HA!
Back home by about 8:00 p.m. and in bed by 10:00. We are just such social animals!

Until next time......MOM

2 comments:

Mrs Weidner said...

Those little caddy shack gophers are freakin adorable! How can you get mad at them?? HA HA.

Anonymous said...

You even drop F bombs in your blog. Ha