Monday, October 03, 2005

Dig potatoes, plant mums, Go to Party and Pay off Bet.....

Name at least 4 things that must be done this past weekend....and I even managed to do them! A very busy weekend, but managed to get some of the "to do's" off my list.

Kurtis worked most of the weekend so I was kind of on my own. Lets see, Saturday I worked in the yard cleaning off several of my flower beds, I have about 65 mums that I needed to find homes for, so that meant the annuals had to go. Its always great fun to grow them, but then the planting is really another subject, but I managed ok and got things ready for Kurtis to help me Sunday. Saturday night was a great time. Wayne held a nice party at his place and it was just fabulous..I am still very taken how beautiful his house is going to be when it is finished,,,,a real show place!! It really inspires me to get the back porch pulled off this house and a new one in its place...yeah, like Kurtis always says, will have to put that on the 10 year plan. I took a nice big pan of apple crisp for Wayne and there was just tons of good food. Wayne BBQ-ed chicken, brats and hot dogs on his big grill and it was great!
Sunday I had Kurtis helping me and we worked like dogs..We got all the mums planted, dug potatoes, dug glad bulbs and planted tulips (or what I will refer to as gopher feed) We have a very serious infestation of gophers and they really look forward to my planting bulbs in the fall. I've tried every poisoning method available, but to no avail.
Sunday night Kurtis and I took Dale and Connie out the the Lonestar Steak house to settle a bet I lost back fall. Dale bet me that Father Benda would not be in his log home by thanksgiving and like a fool I took him on. Well, Father moved in two weeks "after" thanksgiving, so I was the loser. We did have a nice time and the food was great.
This morning Kurtis and I had kind of a sad job to do. Father Bendas sister died Friday of cancer and her funeral was this morning..he called us Sunday afternoon and wondered if maybe we could accompany him to Washington for the funeral since he is having some trouble getting around lately (bad knees) so we did. Kind of a sad situation, but I think he was very thankful for the company.
Well, I had best finish up my claims and get some jobs done..it is actually about 86 degrees outside today.....not quite what I consider nice Fall weather, but not so bad either.
Untill next time.....MOM

No comments: