Sunday, October 23, 2005

What a oh-hum weekend.

This has just not been one of those stand out and remember weekends. I had so many things planned too get done, and unfortunately most of them still remain on the to-do list. Looking out the window I notice we are getting a little shower of rain. It is only about 45 degrees out, overcast and just plain miserable. Kurtis is out picking corn, not much fun to do in the rain either.
We even had a near tragedy with poor little splash (well, I guess she really isnt very little) When Kurtis got up yesterday he noticed her lying on the hillside by the timber with her head down. He assumed she was dead. I went to the window and surmised the same thing, even though I was shocked, as I was just playing with her and brushing her yesterday. When checking her closer we Kurtis found she was actually alive but had gotten up against a log and couldnt get back to her feet. Tractor and loader to the rescue! A few scrapes later she was back to her feet, a little shaky but alive. I felt so bad for the poor thing, and with a few shots and some wound spray later, she seems to be pretty good.
So, other than a couple of photos, I really dont have anything exciting to report. I feel like doing some baking (in between loads of wash, vacuming and dusting) gosh, my life is so intense!
Oh, and I should mention if you dont hear from me in a few days, dont think too much of it, I will more than likely be lying in bed feeling sorry for myself due to a certain event coming up on Tuesday. Certain catch phrases come to mind like "Old Bag", Old women", Old geeser"......get the picture??
until next time MOM

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Poor Splashy! Im glad she is ok. Wouldnt it stink to be so big that Kurtis had to roll you over with the loader?? How embarassing!