""50""" An official old Bag........
Well, to all of you who always suspected that I was just an old bag, I finally have the official credentials to prove it....I have turned 50!! I really just can't believe it..what happened and where did that time go! It occured to me today that in just 20 years, I will be 70! I had a overwhelming panic attack today that made me feel like maybe I should be browsing garage sales for used walkers and hot water heating pads!! You know how people will step right up and say "Yeah, but I really don't feel 50!" Well, I think I'll save that statement for awhile, because at the moment....I do feel 50! So, to all of you out there that were so kind to remember my birthday, thank you! Is it just me or do more people seem to remember the older I get....and it used to be so common for people to announce "Oh, you are still young, just wait till you get to my age!! You know, I don't think I have heard that this year!!!
So, how did I spend my birthday? Working and tending to my dear injured splash. What I thought was just going to be a small puncture wound has turned into a real mess. I had to have the vet come out yesterday and do some surgery on her to allow the wound to drain properly (I wont go into the gory details) but I think this will do the trick. I usually find that once you spend a couple of hundred dollars in vet bills, it helps things to heal.
I spent the rest of the day pulling plants and getting ready for winter. It always breaks my heart to pull plants that are blooming so pretty, but I know a killing frost is on the horizon and to take cuttings for next year it has to be done. Believe it or not when I was doing the cuttings in the greenhouse, it was 95 degrees in there still. I am attempting to keep my geraniums over the winter and make cuttings of Datura (Brugmansia) and Russian sage. So please be kind about mid December when I am whining about my complete crop failure.....
Oh, by the way I hope you like the new look of my blog, thought the apple green was a bit out of season. Hope you have a great day!
Until next time.....MOM
1 comment:
Well, I have to comment on the new color scheme. It looks like a baby banana-pooped all over my screen. So im voting thumbs down!
Post a Comment