and, it was not exactly what you would call "text book" perfect. Let's see, some of the key factors in the experience included: Rain, lots of it. Cold temperatures, wind, absolutely NO SUN and did I mention.....cold temperatures! But.....being the hardcore pioneers that we are, we still had a very nice time! We had lots of good food, made home-made ice cream (yes, despite the temperatures we made ice cream) Mothers day was especially nice. The morning started out very cold and windy but by noon or so the sun popped out and it warmed up nicely. The kids came out and we had a nice big BBQ and sat around a nice fire. This was Millie's first experience with camping since she was a puppy two years ago and I have to admit she was a trooper. She went to the groomer (thanks Amy) before going and looked like a little foo foo dog. With all the rain outside she enjoyed living inside the camper. I think we have started something bad though, everytime I walk by the camper now she has her front feet on the stairs thinking Im going to let her in .... sorry Millie, no go! So, here are some pictures of our camping trip.....
Until next time....MOM
Well, what would camping be without baked beans....right over the hot camp fire. Kurtis and I had fun using the good ole' Lodge cookware...you just can't beat it!!!!!
Yep, it was tuff..cold and rainly outside..But Millie adapted quite well to the warm camper and of all things.....the fireplace...
Here Aunt Jennifer shows Ellie the art of picking dandelions..I'm not sure if Ellie enjoyed the camping experience or not....the verdict is still out!!!
What a wonderful surprise..last week when I came home from work, my wonderful Kurtis had been out and made this georgeous bouquet of lilacs for me....isn't this spectacular!!! I think I'll keep him!!!!
2 comments:
tneEllie is obsessed with dandelions now. Every time I take her for a walk around the neighborhood she picks every fluffy one she sees, then shakes the heck out of it to make the seeds fly. :)
Awesome!!! It was so fun watching her do that! She kept doing this funny thing with her bottom lip trying to blow on them. Hilarious!
Post a Comment