It's been a tuff few days her in the Cedar Bluff neighborhood. The flood waters have reached levels never before seen in the history of this area...and it's just unbelievable to watch. Landmarks you are so used to looking at no longer exsit, covered in incredible rushing water. All the cabins along the cedar river are gone. Kurtis worked all morning and into the afternoon sandbagging down at BJ Leonards log home trying to keep the water from the basement only to have the bags erode from the pressure of the rising water. All they could do is stand and watch as the basement filled with water. We took a mule ride around the neighborhood last night and you just can't believe your eyes...there is just miles and miles of water where it doesn't belong! I told Kurtis I will never complain about our old farmhouse again...at least we are high and dry!
Here are some pictures of our efforts and the end results from Thursday, I tried to get these in order, but didn't do a very good job...and I had 2-3 more picture I tried to upload but blogger is being a pain...so I'll have to load those pictures at a later time... MOM
Her is Kurtis putting another load of sandbags in place with his Bobcat. We started sandbagging about 2:00 p.m. and had a complete barrier by about 8:00..until the levee broke.
This is a picture looking into Glicks upper field....The sign says it all...
This is Friday afternoon about 6:00 p.m. The little white dot you see there is Glicks mailbox.
No comments:
Post a Comment