On to happier times.........a new puppy..a new grand-daughter and images of summer!
It's always hard to lose a loved one, but I do feel that their passing is a reminder of just how precious life really is. Life is meant to be lived and enjoyed every minute, and you can't take one moment for granted. So, my blog to today is a celebration of good things, summer and great times to come!
I really don't know how I could be any more lucky than I am these days (sorry guys out there but this could get a bit mushy for a moment) Except for a few aches and pains (well maybe a little more than a few) I really do have the world to my advantage. I love where I live, who I'm married to and the life style I'm living! It's summer-time and the freshly mowed hay is intoxicating! You have to be a farm girl to appreciate it!
I have most all of my spring planting done, and will be finishing up today, I will have some pictures soon of my projects.
Tuesday we travel to Des Moines to assist in the project of brining our first grand-daughter into the world. I am both nervous, excited and concerned all rolled into one. It's a delicate balance between wanting to be there for every moment.....and yet making sure we don't in any way interfere with the private moments Rob and Jessica need to have and experience. I also want to make sure I'm out of throwing distance when Jessica decides she has had enough and begins to fling inantimate objects across the room.....she does have a bit of her mother's temperment..and childbirth can bring out the worst at times...haha! But, I'm very anxious to meet Ellie and can't wait.
So, in the meantime, before Ellie makes her appearance, Kurtis and I have adopted out own new little one......yes, I know I'm crazy, but, we did. Her name is Millie and she's a 9 wk old Corgi. She came from Riverdale which is by Bettendorf..and we just love her already. She came from a litter of 7 brothers and sisters so we did have a little crying last night, but it only lasted about 10 minutes and was over. I have already made arrangements with Grandma Lynch to baby sit Tuesday night when we are in Des Moines.....I hope Lucy doesn't take it too badly.
So, as you can see we have a busy week ahead of us....but full of excitement and fun...and afterall that is what life is all about!!
Until next time.......MOM
1 comment:
May I be the first to point out that this one is a TRI Color!!?? I thought that wasn't allowed? Ugh, she is adorable. Bring her up here Tuesday so I can snuggle that puppy!
Post a Comment