Wednesday, June 07, 2006

ELISABETH ANNE YOUNG..(ELLIE) .....7LBS 4.8 OZ ..20 INCHES BORN 6:28P.M. 6.06.06

It is official..I am a grandma! I have to tell ya, as nervous as I was about getting that title....I'm standing proud today! We have set a new record at the Iowa Methodist Hospital in Des Moines! I spent some time this morning interviewing several nurses and staff that work there, and the concensus from the information I gathered there is that Ellie is by far the cutest baby they have ever delivered there!! It's true! I really did ask...I just said "Isn't this by far the cutest baby you have seen here...and each and every one answered "Yep, she sure is!" So there you have it.
I would also like to put in a good word for my brave little girl Jessica..through all of this she held right in there and didn't lose her composure, and she did much better than I did when the doctor announced he was taking the baby by C-section. I wasn't prepared for that and felt an overwhelming desire to tell the doctor "No, you just can't do that" Also, Kudo's for Rob, you were a trooper and what every pregnant wife hopes their husband will be...thanks for taking care of my Jess...through thick and thin!
Now, from a proud grandma to her loyal Blog audience...here are some Ellie and family pictures!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was unanamious at Principal also. Everyone said she was the most beautiful and perfect baby from the perfect face and chubby but yet thin legs.
And I showed everyone!! All 9000 employees in downtown Dm!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, Yeah, Yeah!!! I am so excited to hear we have a new cousine and all went well. I am going to have to agree with the nurses that she is the cutest darn baby I have ever seen.....let's go with most beautiful!!! I can see so much of both Rob and Jess in her. Congratulations grandma! I can't wait to meet her at Ryan's wedding.....I will prepare myself so that I can offer to hold her and give you guys a rest :) Anna