Saturday, March 30, 2013

I AM SO PROMOTING SPRING!


Nobody home yet....spring just isn't making it.

  There are two subjects stuck in my head, and it's mostly all I can think about.......   The first subject is spring and gardening, and gees why wouldn't I....after all it is April 1st (well, at least will be in a few hours).  Last year at this time Kurtis had already planted radish's and they were up.  We were well into mowing the yard already, and most of the fruit trees were trying to bloom, which ultimately was a bad thing.   I took a walk around the yard and the pond today.....other than a few pathetic looking daffodils trying to peek out of the frost laden muddy ground.....there is nothing even showing signs of wanting to grow.  I just occured to me, I should of went down and looked at my Heleborus, or whats known as a "Lenten Rose",  they are suppose to bloom in March no matter how bad the weather....hmm..will have to do that tomorrow.  I noticed things are returning to the pond.  The ice is all melted and several wood ducks and mallards are cruising around...a grey heron was scouting around for a toad or two, but there are no signs yet.....apparently they do have some small brains!'
  The second subject I am posessed with in the impending arrival of my new greenhouse.  I have ordered a western red cedar structure that will come off the east side of garage.  As soon as the frost is out of the ground we will be pouring a foundation wall and pad for it to sit on....I can't wait!  I keep reminding Kurtis how fortunate he is to have such a "grounded" wife.....I dont require shopping malls, shoes or clothes to make me happy.....but give me a nice big sunny area with plenty of room to play in dirt and seeds......and I'm content!  Every since we moved from the farm, I have been lost without my little greenhouse, so its been a long time coming.

Outhouse in my flower bed....

  Consider yourself warned:   Tuesday night I started a photography class.  I had been waiting for this lady to start teaching this series of class's again, and in the last catalog I seem she was back, so I signed up.  The first session was fabulous, she has been teaching for years and is a photographer by trade.  I suspect I will use this forum to test out some of my pictures and subjects.....so feel free to comment, I have thick skin..ha.

  Well, Kurtis went to bed a good hour ago, said he was pooped out from work today.  Guess I had better go join him.  Have a happy Easter.

Until next time...Love MOM.

    

No comments: