Thursday, September 17, 2009


There is a sure sign of Fall in the air.....
Kurtis and I have started this nice little habit of taking rides on the mule in the evening around the farm...the weather has been so incredible beautiful, it seems like a shame to not get out and enjoy it...So we snuggle ourselves in the mule, with the dog of course...and we head out to bounce around the fields...tonite I couldn't help but to notice all the obvious signs of fall in the air...you can just feel the change in the season, especially when you pay attention...so I took my camera and tooks some pictures of what nature is doing to get ready for the impending change.......
This is a little wildflower that grows down by the creek...I looked it up in my Native Iowa Wildflower book..it is called a "Touch me not" and is related to the impatient. It is so delicate and pretty..I had never noticed it before. It grows down by the creek where its shady and damp...


One of my favorite signs of fall....the bountiful apple crop. Looks like this year is going to be another good one. This is the snow apples. I have already made a nice batch of apple crisp and it was wonderful! We will have to get out the newly patented "Sharon apple picking box" and Kurtis will enjoy hoisting me up in the Bobcat again...Hey, it works!






Well, I warned you. I knew when we planted the potatoes this spring...it was going to be bad! So, this is one row. There are three...you do the math!
They are beauties...and taste great!! Kennebec's of course. Just place your order, I'll deliver.










Another nice harbor of Fall...the nice white oyster mushroom...I just didnt have the heart to pick it..It was nice and fresh and no doubt would of made a great mushroom gravy, but think I will wait for the prized Rosie Beretta (what the Czech's call the hen's nest) or at least that is what Richard used to say...







Attention: Allergy sufferers...goldenrod. When you see Goldenrod, you know Fall is close. I sat for awhile while photographing this and just watched the bees ...it was so pretty, they were just encased in yellow pollen...making up some wonderful honey somewhere imagine.

So, hope you enjoyed my little diversion....and "Happy Fall!!" Oh, and by the way...Kurtis and I celebrated our 9th anniversary yesterday...Happy Anniversary big guy!!
Until next time.....MOM

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a nice blog. kinds of shows you why life is worth living esp the "nine years" m

Unknown said...

Will you deliver some of those potatoes to Boston, by any chance?