Thursday, September 10, 2009

It's so hard to believe it has been two months since I updated this blog last....but it actually has. We have been absolutely snowed under with gardening, canning and just keeping up with day to day activities. As usual this summer has blown by way to fast, and I'm not sure I have alot to show for it. Lately I have been canning like mad and have put up green beans, pickles, tomatoes and spaghetti sauce. Still planning to do more....yes, its probably more than we can eat...but its fun to give to the kids too.
Despite the un-believable amount of rain we have had this summer...our gardens have done very well!! As usual we have way overe produced, but I'm managing to give alot away too. We have a rule that you cant come and visit this farm without taking home some tomatoes, potatoes or onions.....so far it seems to be working.
Kurt and I just got back from our fall vacation to Mt. Pleasant Old Threshers Reunion. We had a fabulous time...we camped for 8 days and it was wonderful. We had such nice people camped all around us and its really interesting to meet the people from all over the US. One evening we BBQ'd with our neighbor from Washington state. We brought steaks and they provided fresh caught Halibut from Alaska...it was some of the best fish I have had in a long time. As usual the time went fast..but we will look forward to going back next year....god willing.
Jessica, Rob and Ellie came down Saturday and stayed overnite....Ellie took in all the kids attractions and had a great time....Grandma and Grandpa rested Sunday...haha!! I had forgotten how much energy a 3 year old has....but she is a joy to have around!! I think we got her one step closer to having a pony.....well at least until she saw the sand pile and took off to go over and play with a dump truck....tell me..what am I doing wrong??? Grandma will get her to come around...just a matter of time...ha!
So, until next time.......MOM



MORE FUN AT THE REUNION......



Ellie giving a big wave to Grandma, Grandpa and Daddy!! The horses name was "Jack"

"Can you tell me the shortest direction to the dog-pottie? Millie was a big hit with the parade crowd!! She was a very good little campin' dog...

Just too much energy exerted at the log village, Grandpa had to lie down on the log for a little break!


Well, Miss Ellie....now, can you say "Grandpa....I want a PONY!! Looks darn good sitting in the saddle doesn't she....This is "Dolly"



Heading through the parade in downtown Mt. Pleasant.





1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds like you had a great time. See this is what it's like when Larry and I are on the road, we meet so many people from different parts of the US and it's so interesting to get together and talk about where/how people live.

Shirley