All in all it was a very Good Year....2008
I know it has been since Dec that I have updated this blog...I don't know how time slips by me so fast but it certainly does! So, I am actually going to spend some significant time updating this time. I thought I would review the past year...just remember some of the events that made 2008 one for the record books. So far 2009 is starting out to be another good year...I could wine about the weather, wine about the fact that Kurtis and I aren't taking a vacation this winter, or wine that I'm sick of the snow already....but what the heck good would that do. Instead I will try to concentrate on the positive aspects (which you all know I do so well....ha!) and maybe it will help to get the year off to a good start. So, enjoy the photo's below and the look back at good ole' 2008!
Here is a couple large bowls of open pollinated dent corn from Marsha's garden. It then is ground into flour (see the sack) then baked into a beautiful cornbread!! It was very tasty..I had mine with Strawberry jelly!! Now, this is self sustainability! Or mental illness..
Well, as you can see January 2009 is starting off with another famous Sharon and Marsha project. Here Marsha is milling up a batch of 6 grain flour for a big batch of bread. We have gone together on a Blend-Tek flour mill....and from the testing we did Saturday...its a truly proven machine!!!


1 comment:
Im voting mental illness. You know, they sell bread in the store. Already baked and everything! :)
Post a Comment