Here comes my taxi.. I would call Kurtis when I walked from the campgrounds and he would come pick me up with the engine....Worked quite well..and Millie loved it.
This is Millie enjoying her vacation.. She found just the right position to take a nap, she got complete poohed out walking around the grounds...
You know my theme when camping..the more obnoxious the better. This is the sign we hang on the camper to let folks know who we are...The flamingo's are a special touch from Jennifer given to me on mothers day.
Here is proud Grandpa holding Tate in front of Marsha's garden at the Slach reunion. Steve could of cracked just a little smile....
The famous Chickens
Another month has flown by........
It's hard to believe, but another month has passed since I updated this blog....I would say that I have just forgotten to do it, but I often times have people remind me that it hasn't been done.
There is definately a feel of fall in the air, Kurtis BBQ'd some chicken on the grill last night and I worked outside on my garden and was quite chilly. I know its getting cooler because I'm starting to look up good soup recipes! I am going to spend the day today canning tomatoes and making sweet pepper relish, both of which are great in a pot of chili.
So, since I last blogged it has been relatively quiet. The Slach reunion held at the farm with Larry and Marsha as gracious hosts was a big success....and the chickens, well what can I say...were even more of a success. Gee, I remember back when we had a Slach reunion at the farm I thought I was really a big attraction riding around on my faithful pony "Lady". I wonder if Marsha would of been there with a barnyard full of chickens if I would of even gotten a second glance....ha! The weather the day of the reunion was just beautiful and the food wonderful. I could go for a nice big plateful right now.
Over the Labor day week Kurtis and I traveled down to Mt. Pleasant and camped for 8 days at the Threshers Reunion. We had a great time! We have alot of friends that we get together with there that we don't normally see but maybe once a year. Actually, to be quite honest, the only reason I go is to get the carmel apples that are made on site..and I thought I did quite well this year with only eating two. Man, what I would give for one right now! I would have the keyboard all goo-ed up with carmel, but it would be worth it!
So, here are some pictures for you to enjoy...I have to get out to the garden and pick my ingredients for a afternoon of boiling water and processing canning jars....but with the chill in the air, its a pleasure!
Until next time.....MOM
No comments:
Post a Comment