It has been nice to see, all jokes aside, that this year we do actually have lots of water running in the ditches as all of our winter snowfall melts. I can remember as a kid walking down in the fields and playing in them...funny we weren't swept away..I guess we were just too clever.
Well, I just cant get my mind off of gardening..I spent Wednesday afternoon in the greenhouse fighting every bit of common sense I have ..to not go ahead and start some seeds. That plan would work great while the sun is shining and its a nice 80-85 degrees in there, but come night fall, and lack of sunshine and it quickly becomes "cold as hell" in there again. So, for now I guess I need to be patient and wait...which is not something a Lynch is very good at. Last year at this time I had seeded brocolli, cabbage and leeks by now...and let me tell you, things are not looking good for planting potatoes on good friday! If by chance the snow is melted off the garden, it is a total mudhole! I took a walk around yesterday, things just look awful! But, being a true gardener, or maybe because I have no common sense, I remain optomistic! Mother nature usually knows what she is doing...and just because my nice new strawberry beds look like they took on a nuclear haulacaust..I'm holding steady to my vision of plump red berries about the second week in June!!
Now, just a note on my new orchard..... I came home from work Thursday, rounded the corner by the yard (the area that has been cleared for my new apple/fruit orchard) and counted 38 deer feeding on the freshly exposed grass. There were too many Turkeys and Pheasants to count..I had to slow down and "wait" for them to all clear the road so I could continue on and park in the lane. This just isn't good. Not one bit good. I have 28 trees on order which are due to begin arriving sometime mid April and will need to be planted immediately. Do you see my delimma? The deer have got to go!! And, like Forrest Gump would say....That is all I have to say about that!
So, that is about all I have for today. I will leave you with another picture from our Cruise. This is Kurtis and the "Yellow chicken girl" This picture was taken to show that I have just as good a sense of humor as anyone...Sure, I don't mind letting my husband take a picture with a young, shall we say "attractive" female, scantilly attired in yellow feathers.... I don't mind at all...and yes, I think it was funny he spent the rest of the evening picking yellow feathers out of his front teeth...haha!! So, until next time......Love MOM
No comments:
Post a Comment