Thursday, March 06, 2008

I DON'T KNOW WHERE TO START!!!!

I know it has been forever since I updated this blog.....and I'm afraid I don't have a really good excuse as to why that is except to say I have been just plain busy...but that is so lame!!! After all, what should take presidence, silly tasks such as cleaning house, doing wash, working and shoveling snow, and shoveling snow and shoveling snow...yeah, now you see why I haven't updated..everyday is shoveling snow day!! This winter has really been a pain in the "posterior", but it's Iowa and I still love Iowa.
So..Kurtis and I picked a good time to split from this climate for awhile and do some bopping around the southern hemisphere! We left on February 14th...first stop Ft. Meyers/Cape Coral to visit with Dale and Connie. The morning we left it was minus 15 in Cedar Rapids. The plane we were to leave on at 6 a.m. proved to not be air-worthy. We all loaded on, backed out on the runway...waited and waited, but no go! The pilot finally came on and told us the steering mechanism was out..and we weren't going anywhere...I totally agreed with him and was glad to get back off..gee, with no steering who knows where we would of ended up..we might of went North instead of south..and I didn't want to see anymore snow!! haha
We finally managed to get to Cape Coral and had a great visit with Brother Dale and Connie. There place is just magnificent (more pictures coming later) and we had lots of good visiting time. Dale and Connie are good tour guides and all too soon it was time to leave.
We caught the cruise ship out of Tampa on Sunday February 17th. Thanks again to Dale and Connie we were right on time, went through the check in process and headed out to sea. It was almost like when Andy, Opey and Bee went to Hollywood...we couldn't believe the sights and all the people. The ship had over 2300 passengers and there were 910 crew on board..Unbelievable! We had a wonderful time. The ports of call were just beautiful..We went to Grand Cayman, Cozemel, Belize and Isla Roatan. More pictures in the future!!
So, I will try to update this blog more often and show some of the great places we got to!! Like ole J.P. Murphy used to say.....I believe we saw the world!!!!
Until next time.....MOM





Here we are before we climbed into the speed boats in Cozemel..look just like a young couple on their honeymoon wouldn't you say......We just thought we were sooo cool!



This was the evening of the last night at sea..Kurtis was having prime Rib and I had the roasted Quail with Burgundy Wine sauce...What you just might call La Di Dah!!! We had 3 waiters at all times....


Now, just tell me...don't we look like the hottest thing going!!! I couldn't believe my little country boy from the farm could "go like hell!!" After I decided he somewhat knew what he was doing, we had a ball!! We were jumping 6-8 ft waves in the Carribean!! I was laughing so hard, my sides hurt the next day!! It doesn't get any better than this!


But, you know what?? It's always nice to get back home and enjoy the small things in life..Here is Grandpa Kurtis and little Ellie fresh out of bed and watching Sunday morning cartoons. We happily give up the sand and surf for this special time....

1 comment:

Jessica said...

They have the same look on their faces, and the same hairdo!