This morning it is 5 degress....with 25 mph winds...just plain COLD! I just came up from putting two more logs on the ole fire...It makes such a difference in keeping this old farm house warm when there is a nice fire in the furnace. So, like the song goes...."Put another log on the fire.. cook me up some bacon and some beans...go on out and change that flat tire,....and tell me darling why you're leavin' me".. (A little throw back memory of watching the muppet show years ago)
So, I am so glad to have learned recently that some wonderful folks in the Czech Republic are now reading my blog...these are relatives of Kurt's that we hope to get to go see soon. I don't know how they stumbled on to this literary masterpiece, but I really feel pressure now to keep updates coming. I hope they don't judge Kurt and I by the silliness that appears here from time to time..and hope they understand that this is strictly for fun...(I'm a bit worried that they saw the picture of me on the porch in my famous "Raccoon" picture..holding my weapon of mass destruction...)
Well, winter has arrived..it is just plain damn cold outside...As I sit here at the computer I can hear the wind banging against the side of the house..My bird feeders are serving a full crowd of cardinals, juncos, finch's, woodpeckers and some rotton starlings. A couple of days ago I happen to look out and there were 2 turkeys stretching their necks eating out of the feeder. They are such large clumsey looking things...
Christmas is over and today starts the new year! We had a wonderful holiday and the event has been turned to memories. I'm pretty sure Ellie did quite well for Christmas..I can at least speak for this Grandma and Grandpa that she left here with a car load...I really did try to not get carried away..but well, she's worth it!
So, now..New years resolutions....let's see 1.) Try to do better with my diabetes and eating 2.) Try to lose more weight (blah blah blah) 3.) Get some projects around the house done 4.) Try not to blow off doing resolutions 1-3! I am anxious to get started into 2008 though, and I am looking forward to it being a great year!! 2006 and 2007 were a real test ..so I'm counting on 2008 to turn the corner. Gardening, yep even with the frigid temps outside my thinking is already turning to Gardening. Last year was the year of getting carried away with compost, this year..I think I will continue with that theme..it worked well. When you look out the window an see nothing but white snow and ice, that things are just waiting to wake up again..but it won't be long and warmth and green will return....then the phone calls to Lynch's Excavating for compost will start again! All I can say is....if Marsha needs compost too....she get's priority!!!!
Until next time...MOM
No comments:
Post a Comment