This weekend has all been about gardening and catching up....
Friday night I sat down and wrote down all the things I had to get accomplished this weekend. With Father Benda being in the hospital, most all of my free time has been spent coming and going from the hospital. Fa. Benda is doing quite well now and is well on his way to trying to re-gain some independence, he has a long road before him..but so far his progress has been quite amazing. So, with his family in town this weekend, I took the opportunity to try to catch up on not only my domestic duties, but my gardening also.
With my list of 12 "to do's" in hand....it didn't help much that overnite Thursday night we managed to get about 6 inches of rain...that makes for some pretty soggy gardening duties. Saturday was pretty wet too with periodic showers coming and going so I turned to inside work, I believe at least 3-4 of my 12 items regarded such excitement as doing wash, scrubbing the kitchen floor, cleaning out the foyer, etc etc. But, I muddled my way through and with great enthusiam crossed them off the list.
Sunday, we got up and went back to the hospital to check in..all was well there, so we came back home and I started in on the additional items still lurking on the list. Let's see..I sprayed all my gardens with a good insecticide..Melathion I believe. I mixed it up in a sprayer - 3 refills worth and hit everything that was within my reach. I really do appreciate organic gardening...but when the forces of nature threaten my pay off and hard work....bring on the chemicals!!! No. 8 on the list was to clean off the front porch...mission accomplished. The bad thing about a porch, is it is a good place to store things....but, because I want to paint it this summer (That's another list) I had to clean it off...and it looks much nicer now. Then it was weeding (still pretty muddy), putting up supports for my cucumbers, power washing the lawn mower and mule and cleaning my car. I filled my hummingbird feeders, bird feeders and managed to do some BBQueing.
Saturday night we knocked off about 5:00 and jumped in the shower for a special night out on the town...We headed over to Marsha's, picked her up and cruised down to West Liberty. David Lynch and friends were playing at Bolito's Mexican Restaurant...it was just great!!! Lots of good mexican food and wonderful home grown country music. I'm ready for a return trip.
So, you see it was a jam packed weekend, but a good one. Now back to work.
Until next time.....MOM
No comments:
Post a Comment