Friday, November 24, 2006

Thanksgiving Comes and Goes.....2006

Well another Thanksgiving has been passed to the archives..and it was a good one. The temperature in Des Moines hovered around 60 degrees the whole time. Kurtis and I headed for Des Moines late Wed morning. Our first stop was the Majestic Lion antique shop, the on to the Brass Armadillo. I was looking for a cupboard for my bathroom remodel and finally settled on a nice jelly cupboard, which I think will fill the bill quite nicely.
Of course the star of the event was little Miss Ellie, it is just remarkable how much she had grown. I have no doubt she will be crawling by Christmas. She is just a little bundle of cuteness.. and talks constantly. She and Kurtis have really become buddies.
As usual Larry and Shirley put on a fabulous dinner. Jessica and I took Pumpkin Pie, Cherry pie, a small ham, bean casserole and a vegetable dip. Jessica also whipped up her now famous cranberry relish (see mom, you missed out) Everything was so good.
So it was back home Thursday evening and off to bed. Kurtis had to be to work at 6 a.m. for the beginning of Black Friday....Im glad I dont work in retail, I would maybe have to kill someone.
So, now its back to the bathroom project..I have 4 days before the flooring people come, so best get a move on.
Until next time....MOM

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ahem... my pumkin bars ROCKED thank you very much!!!