Just remember these three words....Quality.....Not Quantity!!
Updating this blog is no small feat, it takes much time and concentration..a blend of just the amount of information and a certain amount of nonsense..so I may not get to it as often as I should, but hopefully it will still contain some essence of entertainment.
I dont even know where to begin with my updates....so much is going on at the Voparil farm it is almost mind boggling...like Dad used to say, "Lets see, now what all did we do this week, Doris"
I have been in a total frenzy trying to get all my outside chores done so winter can settle on the countryside and I will be ready. I did manage to plant somewhere around 5-600 bulbs of some sort.....even after I promised myself I wasnt going to do that again this year. I guess I just really feel guilty if I dont feed the moles every year, and this year was not going to be the exception! I walked out this afternoon to check on the area where I put the bulbs and as usual there was the up-mounded dirt where a mole went through and had his fill! So what!
The boys have been busy picking corn and beans. I don't know where they get the energy to work all day and then spend the weekends and evenings farming. It is really fun to see them all working together though to get it done. Pat, Ryan and Steve all got in on the fun....Dad would of been so proud to see 'em going with the wagons. The weather has been beautiful and just perfect for farming!
The BIG news is.....I have a new bathtub and shower..thanks to Steve and some more long nights (Oh, and the boys too...and Kurtis) This was no small task. The old cast iron tub had to be broken out and hauled off....how awful! I took my first shower tonite,,,and let me tell you, it was a near religious experience! I really felt like gathering the family up and taking a family portrait in there....but then again, it isn't Easter yet. (get it?) I do know now how Dad must of felt getting the job done.
I got a call from Jessica tonite....Ellie has learned to roll all around the living room now. I was on the phone with Jess and I could hear her in the background talking and talking as she rolled back and forth across the floor.....she is so damn cute! Jessica says she rolls up to Buster and the dog gets up and leaves.....poor thing, he hasnt seen anything yet!
Jennifer seems to have settled into married life OK, so far no complaints..which is a good thing. Its so nice to have both daughters settled in and doing their own thing. Im looking forward to Thanksgiving when Kurtis and I will travel to Des Moines for the day. Hard to believe its that time already..especially when it got up to about 72degrees today.
So, I think that is the highlights for now....I'll try to keep this up a little better in the future.....but, no promises....
Until next time.....MOM
No comments:
Post a Comment