Monday, March 09, 2009

Spring is in the air.....According to Miss Ellie Young!!!!

There is no time like spring to sport a new look...and that look just may as well be a fine looking hat!! I wasn't aware of it, but apparently Ellie just loves to wear hats! This weekend Grandma and Grandpa went to Des Moines to spend the day with the kids.....and as usual Ellie was up for providing the entertainment.
We started out by heading to the Machine Shed restaurant out at Living History Farms for a delightful "Brunch" and lunch...the food was great and needless to say everyone had their fill. Ellie was such a good little girl and ate like a "Lynch". She seemed to enjoy the good "farm" style food very much....which should get her all primed to come to Grandma's house in the summer and eat some goodies from the garden...she especially likes strawberries, so June should be good.
Then we headed out to the mall for awhile....Grandma had to spend a few dollars getting Ellie some "spring" clothes...and it was great fun. I believe even Aunt Jennie got in on the fun!!
Back home where the idea was for a afternoon nap...I think Grandma and Grandpa could of taken one, but Ellie wanted no part of it!! So, we had more fun seeing the nice array of hats on display....We had great fun!! Here are some of the highlights!!
Until next time....MOM

Not the most flattering expression....could it be she was about fed up with Grandma and the flashing camera???
Isn't Tom striking here?? I really do believe the chic look of purple and pink are his colors!! Go Big Boy!!!

And.....we wonder where Ellie gets this obsession!!! Genetic no doubt!
(What a good Daddie....)

My paticular favorite....just perfect for gardening, don't you think???




1 comment:

Mrs Weidner said...

OMG. Yep, Jes and I are pretty proud to be married to those two! LOL.