GLORY BE TO GOD!!!!
You know, I wasn't so sure I was going to make it to spring!!!! But, today I feel like I just might pull it off.....It was 72 degrees today, lots of sunshine...and even though it was windy, it felt magnificent!!!!
When I got off work this afternoon, I hurried home....changed my clothes...and headed right outside to enjoy the weather!! It was such fun to fill my bird feeders without gloves on...to pour the bucket of sunflowers in without the biting wind blowing them all down the front of my coat....to walk to the feeders without the big boots and slipping half way down the hill by the garden. Life is truly looking up again! Then it was a walk to the orchard..time to check on the mortality of the 36 or so baby fruit trees we put in last spring. It appears that most of the trees have survived wintere...now the challenge will be making it through spring, while setting buds and blooms and to not get frozen in the process.
I noticed several things while walking about the trees. First of all....al wonderful population of Robins have returned! They were so busy bouncing around acting as if spring has actually arrived. Wont they be sickened in a couple of more days when March returns right back to winter again...and it will, it always does. I also noticed the cows in the lot....they are very heavy with the soon to arrive crop of calves...I think they are due in about 2 weeks.
In the stock tank, I see my collection of gold fish have survived...I counted about 8 black and gold fish.....and they are at least three times the size they were when I put them in there last summer.
I just love Spring....everyday something else changes...this weekend we set the clocks back so, we gain another hour of sunlite in the evening....it wont be long and I will be starting seed in the greenhouse...which by the way, was at a nice balmy 85 degrees this afternoon..all the windows had opened in response to the warmth...it was all I could do to not crack out the dirt and start in.
My pictures this time are of the fine Indian Meal I made Sunday nite...On the menu this time was Chicken Tandoori, Alooh Gobhi (cauliflower and potatoes) and Naan bread....I have to admit it was really fantastic!!
Until next time....MOM


2 comments:
Penzeys would be proud!
I want your recipes!!
Post a Comment