Another creative weekend......well, kinda!
I don't know if it is actually creative.....maybe the term "experimental" would be more in line... but whatever the case, I have fun, and that's important too.
Big news!! I am pleased to announce I have seen three times now, Robins in the back yard!! I have no idea why they would be back here this soon...but it must have something to do with the "Bird Brains". I noticed the one sitting on the back fence post yesterday during the snow storm and wind had an incredibly disqusted look about it...I bet whoever was in charge of making those traveling plans is in hot water right now! I hope for their sake the weather starts to turn nicer soon.....
So, the agenda for this weekend was to 1.) Finish planning and ordering my garden seeds for this spring. I think I have most of what I want at this point..and maybe have one more small order to send in..which I will finish this evening. It just wouldnt be spring without the excitement of watching the mailbox for a nice brown package with rattling seeds inside. It is just part of the process. Kurtis and I did go to Theisens in Cedar Rapids Sunday and I spent most of the time standing in front of the Seed racks justifying just a "few more packages" of seeds.
The second thing I wanted to do this weekend was give a go at a process for baking bread which doesnt involve any kneading of the dough. For some reason my bread making this winter has taken a bad turn.....as in "not rising". I have tried everything to no avail...including buying about 3 brands of yeast thinking one must of been bad....but still a problem. So, decided to give this no kneading thing a try...and I must say..I think I baked the best bread I have ever made. I'm so thrilled. So, will definately try again and see if my luck holds up.
Well, back downstairs....about time for supper. Tonites menu is going to be toasted ham and provolone sandwiches on my fine warm bread....with some wild rice soup. Now, doesn't get much better than that!
Until next time.....MOM




1 comment:
Ellie saw a Robin yesterday. It was in the top of our tree squawking its brains out. I think the Robins are pissed off!
Love the Kurtie picture. The poor man lounging in his red underwear and you put him on the internet! Its awesome. :)
Post a Comment