Sunday, July 06, 2008

Well, YOU SNOOZE, YOU LOSE..........

I thought I was getting right after updating my blog this afternoon....but if you check out Jennifer's blog....she has beat me to it, and in grand style!!!! With the pictures of Ellie and ...well, my flowers,,I dont think I can hardly compete....Good Job Jennifer!!!
So, we had a fabulous 4th of July weekend!!! What more could you ask for...weather that set all records for beautiful..the kids home for the weekend, including little Ellie and a big family/neighborhood/friends blowout that was wonderful!! Boy, I can tell you one thing, I wont have any trouble sleeping tonite..I feel like I have ran a marathon and I really didn't do anything exceptional this weekend except enjoy the grandaughter and the kids....but I do know why Dad used to say "Raising kids is for young people!" Grandpa and I poop out too darn fast!!
So, the birthday party to celebrate Waynes 50th was the social event of the year. I don't know how many he fed his famous BBQ Chicken to, but it was ALOT! It was quite a thrill to see the 50 year old man and the 30 year old cooker still in perfect harmony and putting out a quality product with the "secret" BBQ sauce....which he still has not broken down and given to his sister...They only thing I know is it has something to do with some alcholic type beverage's and we will leave it at that!!
So I believe I will go have a nice hot shower, put my feet up for awhile...then head off to bed, its been a exhiliratingly (is that really a word?) satisfying weekend and I think I will just go ponder it for awhile!!
Until next time.....MOM (Grandma)


Ellie arrives with her "Going to Grandma's" travel bag...everything a 2 year old needs in her very own special bag..I believe we got this when we booked out cruise last winter...It was well worth the money!!


Now, here are the boys!!! Each Lynch boy was sporting a custom printed T-Shirt with a, um...shall we say "Vintage" picture of their uncle on it!! Check out little Tate he has one too.... just a note..Doesn't Wayne look just like Dad in this picture...and the boys have the Hubert wave....His genes live on!!!
The master at 50....The cooker at 30..still performing , still pleasing............


Here is little Ellie assisting Lindsey and Ryan feeding Tate....Lindsey, you have the patient's of a saint!!

No comments: