Wednesday, May 30, 2007

There has just been no time!!!

I know it has been over a month since I have updated this blog...but there has just been no time in between my frantic gardening projects this spring. I finally feel like I have most of what has to be done completed now.
For those of you who are just dying to know how the "Lasagna" gardening is going.....oh come on..there has to be "someone" who cares..I am glad to report I think it is so far a complete success!! Everything I have planted in these gardens are flourishing..of course it probably wont look to inspiring for awhile because it is all young yet..but the progress so far is encouraging. It has been great fun to plant all the young stock and seeds and watch it take off. I guess that is what gardening is all about.
Kurtis and I have also been trying to take a little time here and there to do some fishing over at Fa Benda's pond...and what a treat!! The first night out we couldn't catch the catfish fast enough..it took a average of about 13 seconds to land each one, but we threw them back for later. The next time over, when we intended to catch and eat about 3-4...we couldn't get a bite...apparently the ones we threw back squeeled on us! We did manage to finally catch one, cleaned it and fixed it for Fa. Benda on memorial day..we had to sneak into HyVee and get a couple more filets so Kurtis and I could have some fish....how embarassing! That's ok, we have another strategy....and it involves chicken livers for bait!!
until next time....MOM

No comments: