Here's to LASAGNA Gardening.....an experiment in Cedar County.
Consider 82 210th Street the test grounds for Lasagna Gardening in Cedar County. I think my sister and I have determined we are so far ahead of conventional gardening practices on this one, that we may have to make time on the talk show circuit for interviews. My hopes are as high as they ever have been in anticipation of record vegetable harvest and stunning blooming power!
To date, this is what I have accomplished....I have included some photos to demonstrate. 1.) The Lasagna garden..I took lots of cardboard, threw lots of rotting straw on it, then topped it off with compost made up of lawn waste, ground branch's and food waste from the University of Iowa dining halls, now doesnt that sound like a recipe for success?? Well, give it some time and it will...it decomposes into pure black gold. 2.) Kurtis has built me three new raised beds for the garden. I did the same with them filling them with the compost. Today I planted them full of onions, radish's and kohlrabi..I cant wait to see how they do.
The thing with Gardening is that it is purely a yearly experiment to see what works and what doesnt. I feel I am somewhat the expert when it comes to some of the "It didn't work" items. But, what the hell, its still fun. Be sure to check out Jennifers blog today, could it be that the gardening genes passed on are starting to kick in??? Until next time...MOM
1 comment:
Yep! No matter how hard you try, by God you always turn into your Mother! First photography, now this gardening thing! I need a second job to support all of my new habits!
Post a Comment