Can you believe it??? Im back and bigger than life!!!
Yep, the good news is I finally figured out how to get photos to load and get by the "disaster" of a Beta site for the blogger....their new version was an absolute piece of crap...but they have finally gotten it to the point where it is somewhat useable again. So, here we go!
I see from my last blog is was actually Christmas time!! That is really sad..much has gone on since then..most of which is good!!
I am completely obsessed with spring coming...but the obsession will have to wait a bit. Kurtis and I are climbing on the big bird tomorrow morning and heading to Honolulu Hawaii. Our friend Boyd Castro is hosting us our final 4 days on the big island of Hawaii..we are very excited. We will spend 2 days in Honolulu, 3 days on the island of Kauai, 3 days on Maui and the final 4 days with Boyd and Anne in Hilo. Its been a long time in the planning and seems sureal we are finally going. So, see you on March 3rd or so.
You will notice the pictures I have posted have a general theme......lots of green to promote a early spring. I just made arrangements with a Arborist that lives here locally to have my apple trees pruned in the next couple of weeks. Kurtis and I did them about 3 years ago, and to say the least "butchered" them. This person does fruit trees for a living and comes very highly recommended. When I get back from Hawaii Marsha and I are taking a "apple tree grafting" course...now doesnt that sound like great fun!!! If you know me at all, be prepared....I just may have a apple tree or two to give you this summer!! Not that I tend to get carried away about anything.....but it could happen. Give me a truckload of root stock, some apple tree buds and I'll give you a baby apple tree just looking to be planted somewhere special....lots of sunshine and about 5-6 years later, you just might get a apple...
Things are well with that little grandaughter of mine...if you follow Jessicas blog, you will know how much she is growing. Kurtis and I went last Sunday and spent the day playing with her...She is such a cutie and is changing so quickly. Jennifer came from Des Moines yesterday and surprised me with a nice lunch date. We went up to moms house and had a nice lunch from Herb and Lou's..and caught up on the happenings.
Well, I'm still not done packing and lining things up for the big day tomorrow, so I suppose I had better continue on....Im just trying to figure out if there is anyway I can sneak some tropical island plant cuttings or seeds back in my luggage to bring to Iowa. It seems harmless enough, but I suppose for some reason there is a law against it.
So, until next time.....Aloha!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment